Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sleeping Pants and Cream Cheese Waffles


I have to set the record straight.  Now, this isn't to embarrass my husband and my dear friend, no, it is simply to set the record straight and let everyone know I was right and they were wrong.  Let me repeat that...

I was right, they were wrong.

I have to say that a couple times because it will never happen again and I want to make sure it isn't soon forgotten.

As you recall, last week I called the pants I sleep in, sleeping pants.  My husband teased me for a week afterwards, actually on Sunday, as he was doing laundry, he again, laughingly, asked for my sleeping pants.  And on Saturday coffee with Donna, I asked her what she called the pants you sleep in she informed me that nobody calls them sleeping pants, and she laughed when she said it, so I didn't even bother to survey the crowd to see if anyone else called them sleeping pants.  I went home and told my husband he was right!

That was an unfortunate and premature move.

Last week I was thumbing through the mail.  We are getting about 14 catalogues every day right now with everyone wanting you to do your holiday shopping with them.  I usually put them in the garbage pile, but Dave was cooking dinner that night so I opened one and started to look through it.  And this is what I found:
SLEEP PANTS.  You read that right, not pajama pants, or lounge wear like my dear husband and bestie had tried to convince me, but sleep pants. I was RIGHT!

Ha.

So, again, this isn't because I was right and they were wrong, and it's not like I want to hold it over their heads or anything, because I'm kind like that, I just want others who call their night time pants sleeping pants to know they are not alone and not to let anyone laugh at them.

So there, and I do say that with all the love in my heart...(and I wonder why I don't have many friends).

By the way, you can get sleep shorts for the summer too.

So, I celebrated and made myself waffles.

These cream cheese waffles are crisp on the outside and still soft and tender on the inside.  This recipe makes 10 servings so I can put all the extra in the freezer and pop them in the toaster when I'm ready for breakfast.  If you are a fan of chicken and waffles, these are perfect, just reduce the sweetener a bit.

I made these on Sunday morning and ate them in my sleeping pants.

Cream Cheese Waffles
Carolyn Ketchum, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen

1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 large eggs
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. water
3/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated erythritol sweeter
2 Tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat waffle iron and butter it well.

In a blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, melted butter, eggs, cream, and water.  Blend on high for 30 seconds, then scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.

Add the protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt and blend for another 30 seconds, until smooth.

Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into each section of the waffle iron and close the lid.  Cook until the waffles are puffed and golden brown on both sides.  The time will vary depending on your waffle iron.

Remove the waffles and repeat with the remaining batter.  Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to a month.

1 year ago:    One Tough Week
3 years ago:   The Christmas Present Request
5 years ago:   Fruitcake

December 13, 2017   Sunrise  10:49am  Sunset 2:41 pm   Temp. H 38/ L 28˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.