Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Blueberry Cheesecake Fool


Last week I was a little late for work.  I went to the freezer and grabbed a frozen container of breakfast chili for breakfast and headed off to work.  Around 10:00 I was ready for breakfast so I grabbed the container of chili, opened it and found barbecue sauce.  Crap.  So I ate a handful of almonds and counted down until lunchtime.

Now, I am usually really good about labeling things before they go into the freezer.  I keep masking tape and a sharpie in the kitchen so I can label as I go, but I must have been in a hurry when I made the chili, so I didn't label it, and Dave must have put the barbecue sauce away, no label and in the wrong place...I'm sure it was him, I wouldn't do that...

So, no breakfast but it wasn't the end of the world.  I just ate lunch a little earlier than usual.

Well, I went home and made myself a blueberry fool.  Fools are usually whipped cream and fruit mixed together.  I added some cream cheese to give it a little more body and that tangy no-bake cheesecake taste.  I have frozen blueberries in the freezer and they worked perfectly.  I love this little treat.
I love dessert in a pretty glass.

So the next time you are feeling like a fool, or when you don't, make this dessert.  It is easy, beautiful, and so delicious.

Blueberry Cheesecake Fool

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or thawed frozen
1-2 Tbsp. water
1/3 cup Swerve, more to taste if needed
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
sweetened whipped cream and berries for garnish, optional

In a blender, mix blueberries and water until finely pureed.  Add cream cheese and puree until completely mixed.
In a medium bowl whip heavy cream and vanilla  to still peaks.  Fold the blueberry mixture into the whipped cream until no streak remain.  Spoon into dishes and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.  Mixture firms up as it chills.

1 year ago:   Embracing the Cold and Pork Roast with Eggplant
3 years ago:  The First Snow and Corn and Vegetable Soup
5 years ago:  Guard Geese for Being Afraid of the Dark and Rhubarb Meringue Bars

September 26, 2018  Sunrise 7:46 am  Sunset 7:36 pm   Temp. H 49/ L 36˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.