Monday, September 24, 2018

Monday Mug Cake


A few years back I did a couple of months of Monday Mug Cake.  It was a fun way to work my way through some one-serving recipes of cake.  What's not to love about that?  Well, with my keto change I am missing cake.  So introducing the return of Monday Mug Cake - Keto Style.

My neighbor is also choosing keto and her mother made her a delicious keto birthday cake.  This lovely neighbor brought me a big piece (I had half that day and half for breakfast the next day!).  You gotta love neighbors that share their delicious sweet treats with you, but it really hit home how much I love and miss cake. 

Well, Dave is gone to Colorado to hunt elk with my baby brother, so I might be eating this mug cake for breakfast every morning this week.  It is made with protein powder and coconut flour and of course, no sugar, so it is healthy.  I'm sure it is.  Besides, I'm eating keto cereal for dinner so dessert for breakfast equals out the day!  I'm smart like that.

Chocolate Mug Cake

This is a large mug cake, very generous for 2

2 Tbsp. butter
1 scoop protein powder (about 30-35 grams), I use Jay Robb Whey
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
2-3 Tbsp. Swerve
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. sugar free chocolate chips plus more for top, I use Lily's

Toppings, optional
sugar free chocolate syrup
whipped cream

Place butter in microwave safe bowl or large mug (And I mean large).  Microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted.  Swirl butter around bowl to coat bottom and up the sides.

In a small mixing bowl, combined protein powder, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, whisk together. 

In a separate bowl or large measuring cup whisk together eggs, cream water, and the remaining melted butter from the mug.  Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well, add chocolate chips and mix.  Pour into buttered bowl or mug.  Top with a sprinkle of sugar free chocolate chips.

Microwave for 50-60 minutes.  The cake will look underdone, but will be cooked.  This cake dries out easily, so don't over cook.  Serve warm with chocolate syrup or whipped cream.


1 year ago:    Scaly Skin and Homemade Body Scrub
3 years ago:  Work Travel and the Perfect Martini
5 years ago:  Stuffed Pork Loin and The Good Try

September 24, 2018   Sunrise 7:40 am  Sunset 7:43 pm  Temp. 51/ L 42˚F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.