Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Raspberry Cheesecake Fool


It was a hard week last week.  I was tired and the black dog made us visit the vet twice (Friday and Saturday) only to find out he is fine and didn't eat the glasses lens.  We may never know where that lens is, but my house has been vacuumed twice a day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday looking for that elusive thing.

I needed an easy treat for work this week.  I made this easy raspberry fool.  I used the same recipe as this blueberry cheesecake fool but substituted  fresh raspberries.  It was simple, delicious and almost made up for the tough week I had last week.  I love having dessert with my lunch at work.



Six little jars of deliciousness.  One for every day
this week at lunch...


...and a little treat for right now.

Raspberry Cheesecake Fool

1 6-oz pkg. of fresh raspberries
1 Tbsp. water
8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup powdered Swerve, or sweetener of choice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Sweetened whipped cream and berries for garnish, optional


In a blender, mix berries with water, strain seeds through a fine mesh sieve (optional, but I hate those little seeds).  Return berry puree to blender and add cream cheese and sweetener, blend until completely mixed.  Set aside.

Pour whipping cream and vanilla extract into a bowl, mix until stiff peaks form.  Pour raspberry/cheese mixture into whipped cream bowl and fold together until completely mixed.  Divide into 6 bowls or small mason jars.  Refrigerate.

January 30, 2019  Sunrise 9:49  Sunset 4:19  Temp. H 25/ L 12˚F

1 year ago:    Pork Tinga
3 years ago:  Chocolate Muffins and My Grandma's 99th birthday.
5 years ago:  Chocolate Fudge and Losing June's Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.