Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Chocolate Fudge Mug Cake

 


I was talking to my niece the other day and she asked how I was doing, really she asked what I was doing and that she had read my latest blog.  I told her absolutely. nothing.  There might have been another word between absolutely and nothing, but I'm trying to keep it clean.


So, I am working from home, I do my grocery shopping online, I visit with friends through texts or Facetime and my poor husband is my only real company, unless you count the dogs but they are not good at two way conversations.  

And so I reward myself for getting out of bed everyday and getting to work on time, granted lots of times I'm still in my workout clothes until lunch, but I log on at 8:00 sharp and get to work. I know, first world problems.  

I've been making this mug cake a LOT!  Could be why my winter pants are a little tight this year.  I like to underbake this one just a bit so the center is really fudgy and it tastes very decadant. 

Anyone else rewarding yourself for breathing by eating too many treats?  I guess I need to figure out some non-food rewards. I figure anything to get through 2020. The good news is, 2021 and New Year's Resolutions are just around the corner.  So, enjoy this mug cake and reward yourself for getting out of bed.

Chocolate Fudge Mug Cake
1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
2 Tbsp. almond flour
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp. powdered erythritol, I like Swerve
2 Tbsp. water or unsweetened almond milk
1 egg
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp. sugar free chocolate chips

Toppings - Optional

  • sugar free chocolate sauce
  • whipped cream
  • sugar free chocolate chips
In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter.  Add almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, erythritol, water, egg and salt.  Mix well and scrape down the sides of the bowl.  Ad chocolate chips.  Microwave for 60 seconds, do not over bake, you want it slightly underdone to give it a fudgy center.
Top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and more chocolate chips.  Enjoy.

1 year ago:    Halloween Cauldron Cookies

October 21, 2020  Sunrise 9:04 am  Sunset 6:04 pm  Temp H 26/ L 10°F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.