Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthday Resolutions and Carrot Martini



I don't make New Year's resolutions, I make birthday resolutions.  My birthday is 5 days after the new year so I wait and start the day/weekend/Monday after my birthday.  This year I resolve to learn to take better pictures and add more veggies to my diet.  The picture resolution I'm really hoping to keep, the veggie resolution we are starting right now - with a carrot martini.  What better way to add veggies than through the drink of the week.
I found this recipe on the blog, daydreamerdesserts.com.  What a wonderful way to start on my birthday resolution.

Carrot Martini
 from Daydreamer Desserts

4 oz carrot puree (directions follow)
4 oz. orange infused vodka (directions follow)
Place ingredients in shaker with ice, shake until very cold, strain into glass.

Carrot puree
16 oz. chopped carrot
6 oz. pineapple juice
Blend together in blender.  Strain through cheesecloth

Orange Vodka
4 oz. vodka
1/2 orange
combine in jar, let sit at room temp for 2 days.  Shake once or twice each day.
(Really, use the whole orange and add 12 oz. vodka, you are going to want more than one of these.)

Here's to a happy, healthy year!

January 4, 2012   Daylight 4 hours, 9 minutes, 28 seconds    Current Temp. -26º F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.