Monday, January 7, 2013

New Cookbooks


Well, the last group of kids have left, I had to go back to work after 2 weeks of annual leave, and it is time to de-Santatize the house.  Back to the normal routine and the darkness of January...bummer.

One thing will help me make it through these next couple dark months are the cookbooks I received for Christmas.  It was a very good cookbook year!

I received a 1959 Fanny Farmer Cookbook from my friend Jim.  We were talking bout cookbooks and how I lost my collection in our house fire 10 years ago.  I have replaced all the cookbooks I really loved, and added a couple hundred more, but the one I hadn't replaced was my Fanny Farmer Cookbook.  I love reading about the differences in social customs and norms from then.  It is such a fun cookbook to read.

I also go the Bun on the Run cookbook.  I can't wait to get started on that.  Bun on the Run is a summer institution in Fairbanks.  It has delicious cinnamon rolls, scones and sandwiches.  I'll share some of those recipes soon.
The blond boy and the DIL put this little gem in my gift this year.  We will all be enjoying some of the recipes from this book.
Then my friend Heather gave me these two delights.  I can't tell you how excited I am to start baking from these!  How perfect for January dark days, and the coming of Valentine's Day.  Chocolate will be floating around my kitchen for sure.

Some excellent additions to my cookbook library.  My husband says they are over-running the house and I have to start weeding...yea, that is going to happen.

What are some of your favorite cookbooks?
The baby and his chick at Santa's house in North Pole, Alaska


January 7, 2013    Daylight 4 hours, 27 minutes, 45 seconds   Temp. H 2/ L -17 ºF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.