Friday, September 20, 2013

Nutella Hot Chocolate


It really amazes me the difference in weather in our country.  My friend, Suzanne, is in Colorado and her town is flooding.  You can read about her excitement at Front Range Fork and Cork.  My brother, in Kansas is "suffering" with 90+° weather.  The blond boy gets a cool 70° in San Diego and us, well, we get snow.



Yes, the white stuff made it's first appearance this week.  I didn't get all my yard work done, we need to put up some more wood, and the little dogs looked at me with the "You think I should go out in this stuff, what are you, crazy?"  I have to pick them up an put them outside or they hide under the hutch.  And my brother is complaining it is too hot.

So I needed something warm, comforting, and soothing.  You know, something that would help me forget that I have 9 months of this white stuff to look forward to.  What better way to drown your sorrows celebrate the first snowfall, than with Nutella hot chocolate.

This is the adult version, with whipped cream vodka.  Just leave it out for your younger set.  Since we don't have anyone under 21 at our house, it is adult beverages all the way around.  I make ours with almond milk because cow's milk is not our friend (or you don't want to be my friend after I've had cow's milk...I'm mean Dave, after Dave has had cow's milk.  Yea, that's right.).  Use what ever kind of milk you like.  My brother might want to wait a couple of weeks to drink this, but I'm already on my second cup and I'm feeling warmer with every sip.

Nutella Hot Chocolate
makes one drink
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Nutella, more to taste
pinch of salt
1 oz. whipped cream vodka
toppings of choice: marshmallows, whipped cream, etc.

In a small saucepan over med. low heat, add milk, Nutella and a pinch of salt.  Whisk until Nutella is completely dissolved into milk.  Heat until very hot but not boiling.  Remove from heat and add vodka.  Pour into cup and top with desired toppings.  Enjoy.
You can double, triple, or quadruple this recipe.

September 20, 2013   Daylight 12 hrs. 28 min. 26 sec.    Temp. H 30/ L 25°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.