Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lessons from the Road 2015 #1 Wear your glasses


So, it is my busy travel season and I am on the road from now until the end of April.  This trip started a little rocky, rain in Fairbanks in February.  The runways were closed until they could break and scrape off the ice .  My first flight was 3 hours delayed, which means I missed all my connections.  I was re-routed and had to overnight in LA.

This was really no problem.  After last year, I have learned to carry my makeup and hairbrush in my purse, and have a change of clothes in my carry-on.  No worries.  I got to the hotel, had a nice sleep and was up early to shower, change and get back to the airport 11 hours later.  I grabbed the hotel's complimentary shampoo and cream rinse and shower gel.  I washed my hair and then added the conditioner..but it felt really funny and wouldn't rinse out of my hair.  I got out of the shower and grabbed my reading glasses, I had just put a whole (little) bottle of body lotion on my hair, thinking it was conditioner.  I re-washed, used the correct conditioner and got out of the shower.

So that wasn't a big problem, but it did teach me that with my older eyes, I need to use my glasses for those tiny bottles of hotel toiletries.

I am headed home.  I'm home for a day and then headed to Colorado and Wyoming.  I'll get to stop and have dinner with my friend Suzanne (see her blog here) on my way through.  So, when I get really tired and whiny about all my travel in the next couple of months, I have to remember the little extras I get because of it.

1 year ago:   Potato Sourdough Sandwich Rolls
2 years ago:  Prime Rib
3 years ago:  Drink of the Week: Manhattan and Memories of Robert

March 5, 2015   Sunrise 7:46 am  Sunset 6:20 pm  Temp: H 31/ L 21°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.