Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fish On!

My baby brother flew up from Kansas and we went fishing in Homer.  Dave and I drove to Anchorage and picked him up at the airport (8 hour drive with construction).  We camped overnight outside of Anchorage and then drove to Homer the next day.  We fished on Saturday and again on Sunday, then drove back to Anchorage Sunday night and dropped my brother off at the airport about 11:30 pm for his 1:30 am flight.  We spent the night in Anchorage and drove home the next day.  It was a fast trip, but oh so worth it!

A quick stop on the way to Homer to enjoy the beauty.
We caught our limit in halibut both days.  We caught lots of pinks, I got a silver and another person in our party got a king and a silver. Dave even caught an octopus.  The weather was sunny and warm, the company was great, and we had a wonderful time.  I can't wait to do it again.

The first day we went out with Captain Norm and his son and first mate, Norm.  We were on the Sea Otter.  It was a great boat and we had a great time.

Our second day was with Captain John and his first mate Eli on the Donna Mae.  Again, another excellent crew and great day of fishing.

One downer of the weekend was my camera stopped working at the end of the first day.  I have to take it in and get it checked out, so not so many pictures from the second day.

I can't wait for next year when we go again.  This is one of my favorite (I hope to be annual) Alaskan Adventures.

My husband loving his picture being taken.

Jeff enjoying the sunshine.

Me, pulling in my salmon.  Norm ready with the net!

One of many fish we caught,

Cal bringing his fish in.

It's a beauty!

A couple of halibut and the happy fishermen.

1 year ago:    Brandy Alexander and New Cookbooks
2 years ago:  Rhubarb Sauce and the Easy Birthday Gift

August 18, 2015     Sunrise 5:47 am  Sunset 10:00 pm     Temp. H 57/ L 48°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.