Friday, August 1, 2014

Drink of the Week and New CookBooks

LANGUAGE ALERT..YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
So anyone who knows me, knows I cuss like a sailor...or at least anyone who knows me well.  I am pretty careful at work (I did work in an elementary school for 30 years) and I really don't want to offend anyone.  My language is pretty colorful at home...and don't even get me started if I am mad.

Knowing this, you won't be surprised by the new cookbooks my beautiful niece, Nichole, brought me when she returned on a recent trip.

Yep, the title is What the Fork Should I Make For Dinner...what did you think it said?  O.k. so that is not what it says, but I'm trying.

I brought out the drink book because I haven't had a drink of the week for a long time.  I made a Brandy Alexander because 1) the story with the drink made me laugh out loud, and 2) I had all the ingredients already.  It was a good drink for a cool night at home (have I told you it has rained every day all summer).  The books are funny, there is a story with every recipe, and if you can get past the F word on every page (yes, it was even a little much for me!) the stories are pretty funny.

Thanks Nichole.

Brandy Alexander
from What the F@*K Should I Drink by Zach Golden

 1.5 oz. Brandy
3/4 oz. Creme de Cocoa
3/4 oz. light cream
nutmeg

Fill shaker with ice.  Add brandy, creme de cocoa and cream, shake until very cold.  Pour into cocktail glass, top with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

1 year ago:   Rhubarb sauce - a birthday gift for my mom
2 years ago:  Zucchini Chocolate Cake and why you have to lock your car in August

August 1, 2014   Sunrise 4:51 am Sunset 11:01 pm  Temp. H 58/ L 54°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.