Monday, August 11, 2014

Blackberry Cobbler and Sand Art

We had a sunny, beautiful weekend in Fairbanks.  One of the few lovely weekends this summer. I took full advantage of it by working in my pitiful garden, sitting on the deck for my morning coffee and meeting Donna at the first China and USA Sand Sculpture competition.
It is amazing how detailed artists can be with sand!  I was fascinated, and the warm sun just made it a better experience.  If you live in or around Fairbanks, and you haven't gone yet, you need to go.  It is worth the trip.




Because I was busy outside, I didn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen so I planned grilled chicken (gotta get Dave's quota of chicken in), salad and a nice fruit dessert, made in the crock pot.  It was a first try, I'll tweak it for next time.  It tasted good, just wasn't the prettiest looking thing, but a little ice cream on top and everything looks good, don't you agree?
Not the prettiest looking dessert, but wait until you serve it!

Delicious berries,  sauce, and a little biscuit.

Even better with some ice cream!

Blackberry Cobbler in the Crock Pot

2 lbs. blackberries, fresh or frozen
3/4 cup sugar
3 tsp. tapioca
1 1/2 cup Bisquick
1 can cream soda

Mix blackberries, sugar, and tapioca together.  Spray crock pot with cooking spray.  Pour berry mixture in.  Sprinkle Bisquick over top in an even layer, pour cream soda over the top.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

1 year ago:   Happy Homemaker - Drink of the Week
2 years ago:  Cabbage Salad

August 11, 2014   Sunrise 5:25 am Sunset 10:25 pm   Temp H 77/ L 54°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.