Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nutella Pillows


I have met a most unusual person at work...she has NEVER tried Nutella.  Why has she never tried this bit of paradise, you ask.  I don't know, but if Nutella can ruin my hips, they will ruin hers.  I live by the philosophy of, "If God won't make me skinny, I'll make all the people around me fat, so I don't feel so bad," 'cus I'm kind like that.

I had to practice these before I took them to work, so I made a batch over the weekend instead of washing the living room walls, and then, because everyone in my family was out camping and I was home alone, I had to eat them all myself.  Besides, they have dairy and no one else in my family can eat dairy, so I was just doing them all a service by not making them sick, so I was really sacrificing myself for everyone else's safety and comfort, see I really am kind.

These are best warm...not too hot (they will burn your tongue, the Nutella stays hot) and not too cold, just warm is just right (now I sound like Goldilocks), but trust me on this.  You want to eat them about 30 minutes after they come out of the oven.  Or you can warm them up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and serve them topped with ice cream.  Delicious.
Why bother with a fork.  These are so good.

So you see, I have to really start feeding those around me more, since I have no self control on my own, and I don't want to be the fattest one in the room, ever.  'Cus, I'm vain like that.
One sheet of puff pastry makes 6 pillows.

Hot out of the oven.

Don't fill too much or they lose the Nutella goodness.


Nutella drizzle and a hit of powdered sugar.

Heaven on a plate.

Nutella Pillows
adapted from Mom Spark


2 sheets puff pastry
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Nutella
For Egg Wash:
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. water
For garnish:
Sugar in the raw/turbinado sugar
Extra Nutella

1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and Nutella. Mix with a handheld mixer for 1 minute, until thoroughly combined.
3. Roll out the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface into a 12" by 12" square. Trim the uneven edges so you have a nice edge all around the puff pastry. Using a pizza cutter, cut each sheet into 6 equal squares.
4. Using a spoon or a small scoop, drop 1 Tbsp. of chocolate filling into the corner of each square of puff pastry. Make sure to leave enough space along the edges so they can be crimped shut. Fold the puff pastry dough over to form pillows. Lightly dab two of the four edges of each turnover with water before crimping them shut. Transfer the turnovers to the parchment lined baking sheets.
5. Prepare the egg wash by beating together one egg and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush each turnover with the egg wash, sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
7. To garnish: . In a small bowl, warm Nutella in the microwave. Pour into a small Ziploc baggie and snip off a tiny corner. Drizzle each pillow with warm Nutella. Enjoy!


1 year ago:   Oatmeal Cream Sandwiches
2 years ago:  Moose stuffed Zucchini

August 6, 2014   Sunrise 5:08 am  Sunset 10:43 pm  Temp H 70/ L  48°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.