Monday, November 27, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving and the Season of Eating!


Grayson and his people showed up on Saturday night before Thanksgiving.  We got him them for the whole week.  I had everything planned on what we were going to do, what we were going to eat, and it might have driven my husband just a little batty!

He has his own way of being excited.  He does things like, shovel extra snow (we've had two big snow dumps in the last two weeks, over 18 inches), fixes the toilet in the guest bathroom that started to leak, change the fan in the guest bathroom that decided to crap out two weeks ago, buy and change out the dryer that crapped out on Tuesday.  You know, fun stuff to fill the extra time you have during this time of the year.

I did have a Boob Doctor appointment on Monday, so I flew to Anchorage, I was happy that the infection was under control enough to have a fill up, and flew home by dinner.  In the meantime the kids meet with The Hippy Boy for lunch and did some running around.

The rest of the week was booked with things like going to the Children's museum.

Playing on the stairs.

Having waffles and ice cream for breakfast.

Making Thanksgiving dinner.
The Curly Haired Boy, Gman, YaYa (Grayson's name for me), and my friend Donna finishing up dinner.  Deep fried turkey courtesy of my husband, and I roast one too.

And visiting a few restaurants that the Curly Haired boy likes.  We had a wonderful time.  The DIL worked her butt off helping me with everything that needed to be done (and I was a little sore from the fill-up).  And all too soon they were back on the airplane headed home.

We will spend a long weekend with them at Christmas, so I'm counting down the days.

I hope your Thanksgiving was full of food, family, friends, and fun.  We have so much to be Thankful for.

1 year ago:   Chocolate Dipped, Orange Spritz Cookies
3 years ago:  Sourdough Potato Bread
5 years ago:  My Button Stash and Brown Sugar Walnut Buttons

November 27, 2017  Sunrise 10:07 am  Sunset 3:08 pm  Temp H 5/ L 0˚F



2 comments:

  1. Yaya, You look amazing! Paleo agrees with you. Thank you for sharing your family Thanksgiving day with your fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you had a fun Thanksgiving too.

      Delete

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.