Monday, March 18, 2019

Happy Anniversary!

This guy.

20 years ago today we stood on a beach in Hawaii, said "I do", and smushed our two families together.  Joining 5 kids as a family, some of them kicking and screaming, was a feat of balance, negotiations and sheer determination.  I think back to those early days and I just feel tired, I don't know how we did it but we were younger and had more energy I guess.

He is my adventure partner, even when it is all my idea.  His idea of fun is a 4-wheeler, some sun and a beer.  Mine involves way more planning than he likes, but he goes along with me and pretends to enjoy the experience.

He will hold still so I can get the picture of things like a bee on his hand, and he doesn't try to kill the spiders, he just removes them from my sight and puts them outside.
He is patient (and goofy) when I need pictures for my blog.

He goes on adventures I like, like hiking, even though it is not his favorite (or anything he would ever do otherwise).

He is a kind, fun, considerate role model for our kids and our grandson.

He is a great dog-dad, even to my giant dog that is a little spastic.

He has been my rock, my calm in the storm. He held me as I cried when I lost a student, a grandparent, a friend and a breast. He fights with me (someone has to keep me in line), he encourages me when I try and fail and try and succeeded.  He makes me laugh every single day.
I am his and he is mine and that is just the way it should be.


March 18, 2019  Sunrise 8:22 am  Sunset 4:02 pm  Temp H 46/ L 26˚F

1 year ago:    Keto Asiago Muffins and Meditation
3 years ago:  Breaking the House Rules
5 years ago:  Birthday Cake
7 years ago:  Microwave Popcorn and the Confession

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! You to are so cute together! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.