Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Crush on a co-worker


I have a confession.  I have a crush on a co-worker.  I know office romances are not usually a good idea, but the heart wants what the heart wants.  This is new, it is a new crush and I don't think I can fight it anymore.  Ever since I've been working from home, the guy who works right next to the employee kitchen has caught my eye and I'm smitten!
So, I decided to take a snack to work, one that I could share, and see if my new co-worker would like some and maybe we could sit down together and visit, this grain free granola is perfect for that.  They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  This is the perfect little snack to share.  I think he likes me too because he brought me a cup of tea when I was in a zoom meeting.  Who knows where this office romance might take us!

I will say my three other new co-workers are kind of jerks.  If they aren't whining to get into my office, they are wrestling, yelling at anyone who walks by the windows, and threatening the mailman.  I would complain, but I don't want to be THAT co-worker.

All in all, week three working from home is going o.k.  We are healthy and safe and have a lot to be grateful for, so I won't complain about those three rowdy co-workers, but I'm not sharing my granola with them.


Blueberry, Maple Granola

1 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, pepitas
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sugar-free dried blueberries
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup granular monk fruit sweetener, or sweetener of choice
2 tsp. maple extract
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 300°F.  Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.

In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 cup of the pecans, pulse about 5 times.  Add almonds and pulse 5 times, add walnuts and pulse about 5 times, add remaining pecans and pulse about 5 times.  Remove blade from food processor bowl, or pour nut mixture into large mixing bowl. Add pepitas and sunflower seeds.  Set aside.

In a small saucepan mix butter, salt and sweetener.  Heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and granulated sweetener is completely dissolved.  Remove from heat  and stir in maple extract.  Stir butter mixture into nut mixture, add egg white and mix thoroughly. 

Pour granola onto prepared pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool completely.  Sprinkle dried blueberries over the top and gently mix, breaking up big clumps but leaving small clumps intact.  

Store in air tight containers in the refrigerator or freezer.


March 31, 2020  Sunrise 7:08 am  Sunset 8:43 pm  Temp. H 24/ L 0°F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.