Friday, July 13, 2018

Chicken Salad


Gman (our grandson) and his people came to visit for a week.  We were very busy and on more than one occasion Dave said,"This is why young people have the children."  When they left at the end of the week we were wore out.
We went to Creamer's Field a couple of times...




Alaska Land (I don't care if they changed the name to Pioneer Park, it will always be Alaska Land to me) for a train ride, a carousel ride, and ice cream...





Camping one night (note to self, 4 adults 5 dogs and one baby do NOT all fit in a motorhome, I don't care how big it is) and some 4 wheeler rides...




We were beat!  But that didn't stop us.  The kids left on Saturday afternoon and we hiked Angel Rocks on Sunday with our neice and nephew.  It is a 3.6 mile loop and, according to my niece's apple watch, 67 flights of stairs in elevation.  My only complaint is the mosquitoes were so bad at the end, I think I gave 4 pints of blood.
Before we headed out for our hike.

Dave headed up the hill.

A quick rest at the top.


Snacks and shoes off at the top.


Well, Monday came and we had to go back to work.  Monday morning after 10 days off is rough, that and I didn't make it to the grocery store so I was scrambling for breakfast and lunch.  Breakfast was easy, it was my go-to keto shake of almond milk, 2 oz. cream cheese, some strawberry extract, some sweetener and ice. Lunch was going to be tougher.

Luckily, I had some chicken in the freezer so I cooked up some chicken breasts and made this delicious chicken salad.  I love it over a bed of lettuce, I love it with cucumber "chips" for dipping and I love it plain.  It was a nice treat to look forward to since I had to go back to work and the baby is gone.


Mmmmm, bacon...
Loaded chicken Salad
adapted from The Pinning Momma (found on Pinterest)

2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced (I have also used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
3 green onions, sliced, divided between white and green parts of onion
1/2 cup bacon, chopped and fried crisp, divided
salt and pepper to taste
Mix mayo and sour cream until well combined, add celery 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, all the white and most of the green parts of the green onion (save some for the top), and all but about 1 Tbsp. of the bacon.  Mix well, taste and add salt and pepper as needed.  Stir and transfer to serving bowl or divide into individual containers for taking to work/school.  Top with remaining cheddar cheese, green onion tops, and bacon.  
I have also added pecans to this on occasion.

6 (1/2 cup) servings 
114 calories, 9 g fat, 3 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein 

2 years ago:  Zip Line in Talkeetna
3 years ago:  Chocolate Cake Pops

July 13, 2018   Sunrise 3:46 am  Sunset 1:56 am  Temp. H 76/ L 51°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.