Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut with Roasted Tomato Cream Sauce and double ordering


I'm loving Carolyn Ketchum's book The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen.  I've been using it so much I ordered her new Easy Keto Desserts.  I guess I loved that so much I ordered the dessert book twice!  I don't know if that says something about how much I love Carolyn Ketchum's books or how much I love dessert.

So I have two of the dessert cookbooks.  I decided to give one to the curly haired boy and the DIL because they have been talking about going keto.

Now, double ordering things is something I have done in the past.  Once there was this special brownie pan that I thought was going to be so cool, I ordered one and then forgot and bought one at the store.  I ended up selling both of them at a garage sale because I never used them. Then there was the time I ordered shoes online only to see an ad for them on Facebook a few days later and I ordered them again.  Thank goodness the shoes could be returned (one pair at least).

This is an easy dinner and comes together quickly.  It gives you extra time to do some online shopping...just keep a list of what you have already ordered.


Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut
adapted from  The Ketogenic Kitchen, Carolyn Ketchum

1 lb. halibut, cut into 4 pieces
4 slices prosciutto
pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. butter

Roasted Tomato Cream Sauce
1 cup roasted tomatoes and garlic (I do this)
dash of red pepper flakes
1/3 cup heavy cream

Dry each halibut fillet with paper towels, sprinkle with pepper.  Wrap each fillet with one piece of prosciutto. Melt butter in medium frying pan, add wrapped fillets.  Cook over medium heat about 4-6 minutes, until prosciutto is crisp.  Turn fish over and cook another 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp and fish is cooked through.  Place on warming plate while you finish the sauce.

Place roasted tomatoes and garlic in blender with red pepper flakes.  Blend until smooth, pour into small saucepan.  Add cream and heat through.

Place 1/4 of the sauce on each plate, top with fish fillet and serve.

2 years ago:  Grapenut Bread
3 years ago:  Coconut Mojito and Surfing Lessons
5 years ago:  Adult Root Beer Floats

July 17, 2018   Sunrise 3:59 am  Sunset 1:57 am   Temp. 62/ L 44°F



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.