Friday, October 19, 2018

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Jalapeños and Lemon


I'm cheating today.  Really, I'm in Seattle with Gman and his people.  I'm at the end of a week of work away from home and I stopped by to spend the weekend with my little man.  I'll head home Sunday to be at work again on Monday.

I did make this chicken dish last week and just now got around to posting it.  I saw the recipe in a cooking magazine and tore it out to try it.  A couple weekends ago, I saw this dish at an artisan bazaar and I had to have it, so I could make this dish, because I don't have any other dishes that would work.

Dave saw the dish and said something like, "I thought you were going to quit buying new dishes." I just laughed.

This is a chicken recipe that Dave didn't mind.  He liked the garlic and spicy jalapeños.  The lemon cooked a little too much in my convection oven so I'll turn the convection fan off next time I make this.  The roasted garlic is pure heaven smeared on top of the chicken or spread on toasted bread.
Roasted Chicken lets with Garlic and Jalapeños
adapted from Bon Appetite, October issue

4 chicken leg quarters (thigh and drumstick)
salt
2 heads garlic, top 1/3 cut off
1 lemon thinly sliced
1 jalapeño thinly sliced
several sprigs fresh thyme
black pepper, to taste
1/2 avocado oil

Place chicken in a baking dish and season generously with salt.  Set uncovered in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 325˚F.

Add garlic, lemon, jalapeño, thyme and pepper to dish with chicken.  Pour oil over everything and mix with your hands to coat everything.  Arrange ingredients and turn garlic cut side down.

Roast chicken until meat is almost falling off the bone, 75-90 minutes.  Let chicken cool for about 10 minutes, serve with toasted country style bread.

3 years ago:  No Bean Soup Before the Airplane
4 years ago:  Banana Muffins and the Little Blue Cougar Pills
5 years ago:  Kids Moving Home and Warm Brussels Spout Slaw

October 19, 2018   Sunrise 8:56am  Sunset 6:13pm   Temp. H 42/ L 31˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.