Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Blueberry Mojito



I'm always trying to add healthy things to my diet.  I bought this "drink your greens" type of drink.  The advertisement assured me that if I drank it for 30 days, I would lose weight, feel energized, my skin would clear up, bloat would go away, and I would jump out of bed in the morning.  So knowing that everything that any advertiser ever said was true, I ordered my 30 day supply.  The first morning I eagerly mixed the green powder with my 8 oz. of cold water and started to sip...it was like drinking pond water.  Well, pond water with some lemon in it.  I choked it down.

The second morning I decided that I didn't need 8 oz. of the joyful juice, so I mixed it with 4 oz. of water and tried to drink it really fast.  The 4 oz. wasn't quite enough liquid so I ended up chewing my way through the last bit and trying not to gag.

I never made it to the third morning.  I looked at the bag and said, "screw it." and there it sits to this day.

I'm really into blueberries right now.  We have some wild Alaska blueberries in the freezer and several bags of organic blueberries I got from the grocery store.  I'm putting them in my dessert, my waffles, and now my drink of the week.

I'm thinking this is a health drink, a low carb health drink because of all the antioxidants in blueberries.  So I'm feeling very healthy drinking this.  This is one health drink I can throw all my support around.  I'm happy to share the bag of freeze dried pond water mix with you, and I'll keep these mojitos.

Blueberry Mojito

fresh mint leaves, about 5 large
1 Tbsp. confectioners Swerve, or more/less to taste
juice of 1/2 lime
2 oz. white rum
2 Tbsp. fresh or frozen blueberries
sparkling water, I use LaCroix lime

Prepare a drink glass with ice, set aside.

In a separate glass add mint, Swerve, lime juice, and blueberries, muddle with a spoon or muddler until well incorporated.  Strain into prepared glass You don't have to strain, but I prefer it this way).  Add rum and top with sparkling water.  Garnish with mint leaves, a couple frozen blueberries and/or lime wedge.  Enjoy all the health benefits this provides.

2 years ago:  Last Camping Trips
3 years ago:  The Ruined Pedicure and Pasta with Spinach and White Beans
5 years ago:  Retiring and 3-2-1 Bread

October 10, 2018  Sunrise 8:28 am  Sunset 6:45pm  Temp. H 51/ L 34˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.