Monday, November 25, 2019

Apple Cider Mimosa


I love it when one of the DILs messages me.  It really makes my day knowing they think of me.  I wonder if I should worry that many times the message is about an adult beverage?  Last year the Blond DIL messaged me and asked what the drink of the week was going to be for Thanksgiving so she could copy it.   This year the Baby DIL messaged me a link for our Thanksgiving Drink of the Week, and it is perfect!

Now, I usually believe that juice is a waste of space in a mimosa, this is the exception.  The spiced apple cider adds so much to the champagne and it is a perfect drink to serve all your guests before or after dinner on Thanksgiving and during the holidays.

And, while apple cider is not keto friendly, I did find a keto alternative that works for me. So I can enjoy the drink of the week along with everyone else.

So Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your family, friends or alone time.  Just add this in to the mix, it is perfect!

Apple Cider Mimosa

Champagne
Apple Cider
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. brown sugar
water or maple syrup

Dip rim of champagne flute in water or syrup, let excess drip off (syrup makes it stick much better). Turn right side up and fill half way with cider, top with champagne.  Enjoy


Keto Apple Cider Mimosa
Champagne
3 apple tea bags
1/2 tsp. apple extract
1-3 tsp. sweetener substitute, depending on taste, I use powdered swerve,
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. brown sugar substitute
water or sugar free maple syrup

Make one cup of tea and steep the three tea bags (I made a small cup with my Keurig), add extract and sweetener, stir to mix completely.  Let cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  Dip rim of champagne flute in water or syrup, let excess drip off.  Turn right side up and fill half way with tea and top with champagne.  Enjoy

5 years ago:  Crying in the Fitting Room and New Jeans
7 years ago:  Pretzel Turtles
8 years ago:  The Beginning

November 25, 2019  Sunrise 9:59am  Sunset 3:15 pm  Temp. H 15/ L -3°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.