Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


It is dark now when I leave the house and go to work.  Yes, 7:45 a.m. and pitch black dark.  This morning I noticed one of my neighbors had his holiday lights up and on.  What a wonderful sight on a dark commute to work.  I was so thankful, I made some cookies and took some with a thank-you card to his house.  I love bright neighbors.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
from the back of the peanut butter chip bag (I know, really original)

2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. (2 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups. (10 oz. pkg.) Reese's Peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Stir together four, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.  Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.  Stir in peanut butter chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Do not over bake, cookies will be soft.  They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.  Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.  About 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
Frozen cookie dough balls going into a freezer bag for quick easy cookies.

October 31, 2012     Daylight  7 hours, 52 minutes 49 seconds   Temp. 12°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.