Friday, February 22, 2013

Sopapilla Cheesecake with apple filling


I am a planner.  I plan meals, I plan housework, I plan activities, I plan for when I'm going to plan (I know, it may be an illness).  Now, just because I plan doesn't mean all that stuff gets done.  Ask my husband about the housework, the last month or so the only housework that gets done is by him, yes I really need to change that.  I am very good about planning meals, and snacks, and desserts.  The problem with that is I plan, I shop, I purchase and it doesn't always get made...remember the great pantry purge, I end up with a lot of ingredients that I don't use and then I forget why I bought them.  Right now I'm sitting on 6 or 7 gluten free mixes from when the DIL visited in November that I never had time to make.

And so we come to four rolls of crescent roll dough.  Yes, four.  I must have had a plan for a party or something to take to work?  I honestly don't remember why I bought them, but there they sit in my refrigerator nearing the expiration date.  Dave used one roll during the Superbowl to wrap some little weinies so I'm down to three rolls, three rolls of crescent roll dough (hahaha, Count Dracula voice from Sesame Street).

I saw this on Pinterest and knew this was something I could make, tonight, and bring to work so I don't eat it all.  I don't know why it is called Sopapilla cheesecake, it does not taste like sopapillas to me, but it is delicious, sweet and uses up two of the cans of crescent rolls I have and the can of apple pie filling sitting in the pantry.  They are so good, I might have to buy more crescent rolls and plan to make these again.  You need a little sweet this time of the year when the high temperature is still below zero!

Sopapilla Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Therapy


Ingredients:
-2 cans pillsbury butter crescent rolls (buy the seamless version if you can find them!)
-2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla

-1 can apple pie filling, or your choice of flavor
-1/4 cup butter (melted)
-Cinnamon and sugar (I used about 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbs cinnamon)

Instructions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are using a glass pan, adjust the temperature to 325 degrees. Unroll and spread one can of crescent rolls on bottom of ungreased 9x13 inch pan.  If you aren't using the seamless crescents, be sure to smooth out the seams before adding the filling. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Spread mixture over crescent rolls, top with pie filling. Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture, being sure to press together any seams. Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 20-30 minutes.

My new standing computer desk by my window.  I stand so much now, I  burn extra calories!

March 22, 2013     Daylight 9 hours 22 minutes 52 sec.onds     Temp. H -9/ L-23˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.