Monday, September 8, 2014

Oreo Truffles


Every once in a while, while sipping a delicious hot cup of coffee with Donna, I say something like..."I might have to kill my husband."

"Don't say that out loud, someone might think you are serious!"  Donna scolds.

"I am serious, do you know what he did this time?" I ask.

"Now it will be pre-meditated murder, and I'm not going to visit you in prison." She states.

Some friend.  She is supposed to come visit, bring me a cake with a file in it so I can hack my way out and escape.  Because, it would all be my husband's fault for making me kill him and I would deserve to escape.

I'm not allowed out much.

Well, this year my husband is not going to Moose Camp until September 13.  Can you believe that?  He is supposed to be gone the entire month and now, he will only be gone for about two weeks.  The blond boy is coming up as well as my brother, so Dave is waiting until they get here to go in.

LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

The only way I am going to make it, and he is going to stay alive is if I drink more and eat more chocolate.  Luckily, my Pinterest boards are full of delicious looking treats I can make and I do love champagne.  So, if I eat enough of these, my husband might just make it through one more year.


Oreo Truffles
from someone on Pinterest

1 bag regular oreos
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
chocolate for melting, I used Ghirardelli's melting wafers

In your food processor mix cookies until they are evenly crushed and a fine dust.  Add cream cheese and pulse until completely mixed.  Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, for easier handling.

Once cold and a little firm, roll dough into balls, I used my smallest scoop to measure.  Refrigerate again, or set in freezer for 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate according to package direction (for me that always means in the microwave, but a double boiler works too).  I like to set my bowl of melted chocolate on my heating pad, turned on med-high, covered with a piece of parchment paper to catch drips.  This keeps the chocolate from cooling too much as you add the cold balls. (There has to be a that's what she said joke in here somewhere, but I'm trying to keep it classy.)

Let chocolate harden.  Keep these in the refrigerator since they are made with cream cheese.
Enjoy!

1 year ago:  Raspberry Lemon drop and the sacrifices we have to make as a wife.
2 years ago:  Frost and Bean Soup

September 8, 2014   Sunrise 6:53 am  Sunset 8:42 pm  Temp. H 63/ L 37°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.