Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Salty Dog


I'm just here to help you, really...

The new year brings resolutions, new exercise routines, trips to the gym, new food plans.  I know, I do it all too.  I am suffering through loving my new exercise videos ChaLean Extream (I call her mean Chalean), and I am sweating like a dog!  I am also watching what I eat, adding in more veggies, and looking at calorie counts, carbs, and fats (those big girl pants are starting to shrink already!)

And so, I bring you drink of the week.  The Salty Dog.  Now I chose this because of it's heath benefits.  When you exercise, you sweat, when you sweat, you lose salt; therefore the salted rim.  I am trying to add more fruits and veggies, so the grapefruit juice (and we all know grapefruit juice helps you burn fat!).  And the vodka is only about 96 calories and no carbs, see I'm doing you a favor by showing you this.  Also, it is a very easy drink to make because I know you will be tired from all the exercise (and weak from the limited number of calories you are eating).

So here is to a new year and a new you, let's toast with a Salty Dog.

Salty Dog Cocktail

rimming salt
grapefruit juice

1 oz. vodka
2 oz. grapefruit juice

Pour a little grapefruit juice in a bowl.  Dip rim of glass in juice then rimming salt, set aside.

Pour 1 oz. vodka and 2 oz. grapefruit juice in shaker over ice.  Shake until very cold, strain into prepared glass.  Feel good about this healthy drink.  Cheers

1 year ago:   Plain Chocolate Fudge and Losing June's Coat
2 years ago:  New Cookbooks
3 years ago:  Surprise Birthday Party

January 7, 2015   Sunrise 10:45 am  Sunset 3:10 pm  Temp. H 0/ L -2°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.