Monday, January 19, 2015

Banana Mug Cake


I have today off from work and I can't decide if I want to go to a movie or clean house...tough decision isn't it. So while I contemplate my choices I made a banana mug cake and read one of my favorite cooking magazines.  Hmmm, I don't think the upstairs is going to get vacuumed today!

Banana Mug Cake

1/2 overripe banana, keep the other half in the freezer for smoothies or more mug cakes
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. buttermilk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1/2 cup self-rising flour
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of kosher salt

Place banana in a mug and mash it well with a fork.  Whisk i the egg and oil.  Stir in the buttermilk, vanilla, and sugar.  Add the flour, spices and salt.  Beat the batter until smooth.  Divide the batter between two mugs, sprinkle half the walnuts on top of each mug. Microwave separately for 1.5 to 2.5 minutes each until risen and firm.
1 year ago:   Weaving Bacon
2 years ago:  BLT Wedge Salad and no Chauffeur
3 years ago:  Packer-tini

January 19, 2015  Sunrise 10:16 am, Sunset 3:48 pm Temp. H 22/ L 9°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.