Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Mug Lemon Cheese Cake and the Lost Wedding Ring

Last Wednesday, after work, I went for physical therapy and a massage.  I arrived in my work clothes, and after my massage, left in my pajamas.  I took a pair of pj pants, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt to wear home.  I take all my jewelry off, so I put it in a red zip bag I have in my purse for mints and gum.  

I didn't get around to putting my jewelry on the next morning.  Not even my wedding ring!  We were busy, I mentioned it a couple of times but never took the time to reach into my purse and pull out the red zip bag to get everything on.  Friday went by, then Saturday.  But Saturday evening, we were going out for a Valentine's Day dinner, so on the way to the restaurant I reached into my purse to put on my jewelry and it was not there.  

I panicked.  I dumped everything out, hopeful that I was just missing it.  Nope, really not there.  We turned around and I searched through my car, perhaps the bag fell out on the floor...nope.  

We were already a little late for our reservation, so we went to the restaurant.  Dave gave me a hard time about losing my wedding ring, and bracelets, and diamond necklace, and earrings.  (Remember last year when I lost the diamond bracelet Dave gave me?) So, here I was losing stuff again.  I felt terrible.  Everyone tried to help.  We called the massage therapist to look in her massage room to see if I dropped it there, nope.  We thought about all the places it could be.  The Bboy and the Chick tried to change the subject and distract me.  Nothing worked.  

But then, the Bboy said something about the pajamas and the bag I take my clothes in.  Then I remembered!  I put the red bag in the big bag with my clothes, and I remembered putting my dress on top of the red bag...SO IT WOULDN'T FALL OUT, and then put my jacket on top of that.  I had it in my bedroom under all those clothes...um, yes, I hadn't emptied the bag yet.  We had a very nice dinner after that.

As soon as we got home, I raced upstairs and retrieved my red gum bag full of jewelry!  I was so relieved.  

So for Mug cake Monday, I made these Cheese Cake Mug Cakes.  This is one kind of cake Dave really likes.  I figured I owed it to him for the trauma I created on our night out.


Mug Lemon Cheese Cake
Mug Cakes, Leslie Bilderback

1/2 cup graham crackers, crushed
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of kosher salt
Lemon zest, and juice of one lemon
1 large egg.

Divide the graham crackers between tow large mugs.  Top each with half of the butter.  Microwave each mug separately for 20 seconds until the butter is melted.  Stir the crumbs with a fork so they are well coated with butter.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and salt with a fork or large spoon until smooth and creamy.  Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and egg.  Beat the batter until smooth.  Divide the batter between the two mugs.  Plop the mixture on top of the graham crackers, and give each mug a little tap to settle the cheese mixture.  Microwave separately for 1/5 to 2/5 minutes each until the filling is slightly puffed (it will deflate).

Remove each mug from the microwave and chill for 15-60 minutes for full enjoyments.  Top with fresh berries and/or whipped cream.


1 year ago:   Maple Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Crock Pot Help
2 years ago:  Fried Dill Pickles and a Treat for My Husband
3 years ago:  Better than Sex Chex Mix

February 16, 2015   Sunrise 8:50 am  Sunset 5:21 pm  Temp.  H 34/ L 16°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.