Friday, May 8, 2015

Updated Wedge Salad for Salad Summer


Ahh, the old wedge salad.  This is one of my favorite salads.  I love the cold, crisp iceberg lettuce, I love the bacon bits, the blue cheese dressing...

This is a little updated, with romaine instead of iceberg, I added tomatoes, bacon, and blue cheese crumbles.  This was my dinner, I added a grilled steak and a little blue cheese dressing to Dave's plate to keep him quiet happy.

Updated Wedge Salad
serves 2

1 head romain lettuce
2 pieces bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 oz. blue cheese, crumbled

optional: blue cheese dressing

Cut the bottom core off the romaine and cut in half lengthwise.  Place each half on a separate plate.  Top with 1/2 the cooked bacon, 1/2 the cherry tomato halves, and 1/2 of the blue cheese crumbles.
Serve.

1 year ago:   Bacon Burgers for Burger Fridays
2 years ago:  Compound Butter and the Joys of and Airline Upgrade
3 years ago:  Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon and Mushroom Dressing

May 8, 2015  Sunrise 4:53 am  Sunset 10:44 pm  Temp H 64/ L 43°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.