Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

So, the end of 2016 was kind of a shit show.

Dave had surgery on his shoulder to take care of some bone spurs, nothing damaged just old people stuff. Two weeks after surgery, he went to pick up a friend at the airport, picked up a cooler and broke the bone they had carved the spurs off in his shoulder.

I, meanwhile, was in Seattle getting the black plague from the Curly Haired Boy and the DIL. I came home sick and stayed that way for three weeks. Two antibiotics, two steroids, multiple breathing treatments at the clinic, and a new inhaler (because I used up the other new one) later, I'm better but still not well.

We stayed home for New Year's Eve, played cards and just tried to squeak into the new year unnoticed and we got a text from my best friend's husband. My Saturday morning coffee mate was in Colorado visiting her Grandson, and daughter, and fell into the hole of the crawl space. She shattered her knee, broke two bones in her leg, and was in surgery.  Her husband was trying to figure out a house sitter for their dogs and get on a plane down to Colorado.

My kids offered to house sit so that was one worry off his mind and he made his plane reservations and is on his way.

We hope 2017 is a little kinder.

Well, I got up on the new year's first morning, made coffee, made a fire, got the dogs their breakfast and settled into a little Facebook scrolling. All was quiet and warm. I got up for a refill on my coffee, glanced into the living room and saw this...
Lily on the sofa, that is not a good dog.

She knows she isn't allowed on the sofa, but the little dogs got a sofa for Christmas and I guess she was just feeling a little left out.
Hershey and Riley have the best seat in the house.

I didn't want to make too much of a fuss, 2016 could still be lurking in the shadows, so I just sat down and drank my second cup of coffee.  

So here is to a kinder 2017.  I hope your household finds no illness that lingers, no broken bones, and no dogs on the sofa (unless they are allowed).

January 1, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.