Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Asiago Muffins


So, after I realized that yoga isn't the devil, and while it is not my favorite way to exercise, it is helping, I decided to try meditation like those doctors suggested (they were right not wrong about yoga).
I down loaded an app on my iPad and went to work.  I sit quietly, with my eyes closed, in a comfortable position, focusing on my breath, acknowledging my thoughts and letting them go without judgement...
Yea, not my thing.
Sometime I have to open my eyes and yell at the iPad, "This is stupid."  Then I close my eyes again and focus on my breath.
So I finished a 7 day intro class and I'm onto a 21 day class and I'm still not loving it.

So there, doctors aren't right about everything.

One thing that is right are these biscuits.  OMG they are packed with flavor and deliciousness.  Dave loved them too.  These come from my new cookbook Craveable Keto, by Kyndra Holley (great book if you're looking for a good keto book).  I've just started working through some of these recipes and so far haven't been disappointed with any of them.
Now these are something I can meditate over.

Asiago Bacon Muffins
adapted from Craveable Keto, Kyndra Holley

4 oz. full fat cream cheese
1 large egg
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 1/4 cups shredded Asiago cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Lightly grease or line with papers, 8 wells of a 12 well muffin pan (or muffin top pan).

In a medium mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and egg together.  Add garlic, onion powder, and salt.  Mix with a hand mixer until well incorporated.

Add 1 cup Asiago cheese, almond flour, cream and water.  Mix until well combined.  Using a rubber spatula, fold in the bacon.

Using a large spoon or a scoop, divide the dough into the prepared pan in 8 equal sized mounds.  Sprinkle with remaining Asiago cheese.

Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.  Place the pan on a cooling rack and allow the biscuits to cool before removing.

Store extras in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.  Reheat in the oven or toaster.
8 servings

256 cal, 24 g. fat, 11 g. protein, 5.5 total carbs, 2.4 g fiber

3 years ago:   Breaking the House Rules
4 years ago:   Potato Sourdough Sandwich Rolls
5 years ago:   Quinoa Blondies and Changing the Clocks


March 20, 2018   Sunrise 7:50 am  Sunset 8:07 pm   Temp.  H 29 /L 6˚F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.