Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Chocolate Waffles


I really am a creature of habit.  I love routine, I like things the same, I get stressed out when things are not how I want them, and some would say I get a bit bitchy grumpy when things aren't the way I planned.  It's not that I'm not inflexible, I have to be very flexible at work, it's just at home I want what I want when I want it, and I've planned my day around that.

So, every Saturday morning you will find me at my kitchen table, drinking coffee, eating breakfast, and planning the week's menu.  I do this because I'll meet Donna for coffee at 9:30 and then head to the grocery store, with my list in hand, and we have a plan for the week's meals.

I also plan my breakfast and lunch and usually eat the same thing for those two meals all week.  Again, I like things the same, I like routine and I can usually control that much of my life...the rest, not so much.
This was my mom's waffle iron.  It must be 40 years old!  I love
to use it, but it scares my husband.  He is afraid it will burn down
the house!

Perfect waffles every time.


This week I'm having chocolate waffles.  They are from one of my new cookbooks and they are delicious!  The recipe makes enough for me for the whole week.  I make up a batch, cool and then freeze them and throw them in my bag to heat up at work.  I love them with butter and warmed Legendary Foods Pecan Pie Nut Butter (I love it so much, they don't pay me to say that, they actually don't know I exist, but in heaven this is all I'll have to eat...it is so good). I also like the ChocZero honest syrup (again, no paid advertisement, I just love that stuff...and the chocolate syrup I put in my coffee on Friday mornings to reward myself for making it through another week!)
Cooling waffles before I wrap them for the freezer

I'll make these for Gman when he comes up this summer.  We have to do one breakfast of waffles and ice cream.  These healthy chocolate waffles are one for the win.

Chocolate Waffles
Craveable Keto by Kyndra Holley

5 large eggs
1 cup sugar free natural peanut butter or almond butter
3/4 cup powdered erythritol (Swerve)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
butter or oil for the waffle iron

Preheat the waffle iron.

But the eggs, peanut butter, erythritol, vanilla extract, and water in a large mixing bowl.  Using a hand mixer, beat until the ingredients are well combined.

In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until well combined.

Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.  Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated and the batter is smooth.

Lightly grease the waffle iron.  Ladle the batter onto the center of the waffle iron, the amount will vary by waffle iron.  Consult the manufacturer's directions for the recommended amount of batter (or eyeball it like I do)

Cook for 5 minutes or until the waffle iron stops steaming.  Repeat until all the batter is gone, regreasing the iron between waffles.

3 years ago:  Grilled Flank Steak with Apricots and Almonds
4 years ago:  Carrot Ginger Soup
6 years ago:  Anita's Green Drink and Throwing Sausages at My Mother-in-Law

April 17, 2018  Sunrise 6:07 am  Sunset 9:34 pm  Temp. H 47/ L 22°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.