Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Homemade Sugar Free Coffee Liqueur


One of the traditions I am going to miss is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when my friend Donna would come over and we would drink Pumpkin Spice Coffee with Kahula.  I would be busy making pies for the next day and we would visit, drink, and have a good time.  Donna moved, and while we do keep in contact through Facetime and text, it just won't be the same.

Now, I do plan on drinking this, with or without her, and I am making it keto.  This needs to sit for 3-4 weeks in a cupboard or pantry, so make it now and it will be ready for your holidays.  This is wonderful with a little heavy cream and  vodka for a chocolate martini over ice cream for an Affogato, or in a pretty little glass to sip on.  You can make it with regular or decaf coffee, I use decaf because caffeine really keeps me from sleeping, and I usually have my cocktail in the evening (I said usually, not always).
The mixture sits on my kitchen counter so I can
shake it every day or so.

After straining through a fine mesh sieve I strain
through a coffee filter.

So, I included the recipe for my keto version of the Thanksgiving coffee I'll be having this year.  I'll whip one up, Facetime with Donna and feel so lucky to have such a wonderful, dear friend...even so far away.

Keto Coffee Liqueur
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup Swerve Sweetener
  • 1/2 cup ground coffee, I use decaf
  • 1  cup vodka
  • 1 cup spiced rum
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, erythritol, and coffee grounds.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool.
Transfer mixture to a glass jar and add vodka, rum and vanilla extract
Seal jar and place in a dark, cool spot for at least 3 weeks, shaking the jar every few days.
Strain through a coffee filter (this will take several days and changes of coffee filters, be patient, you want to get all the grounds out.

For Thanksgiving Pie Making Coffee

1 cup fresh brewed coffee
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/8-1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 shot keto coffee liqueur
stevia sweetened whipped cream, optional

Pour all ingredients into blender, blend until frothy.  Pour into mug and top with stevia sweetened whipped cream, if desired. 

3 years ago:  Fudge Filled Bars and Visiting an Old Friend
4 years ago:  Dark Chocolate Cake with Whipped Ganache for a Birthday
5 years ago:  Roast chicken with Mushrooms and Peas and the Visit from Witches

October 17, 2018   Sunrise 8:50 am  Sunset 6:20 pm  Temp. H 48/ L 30°F




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.