Thursday, June 18, 2020

I'm feeling very busy, like I have a lot to do. Work is busier than ever, the co-workers are always needing out or in or water, the house still gets dirty (I tried to make the rule 'No shedding in the house, but it didn't work. My coworkers are so inconsiderate) and needs to be cleaned, the yard always needs water or weeding or feeding...it just goes on and on, and most of the evenings are spent working on the truck (exciting update soon).

So, one of the things I do because I'm lazy to save time, is to step over the small gate we have in the back that is usually closed to keep the dogs off the grass. A couple weeks ago my pant leg got caught on one of the top posts, my hands were full and I fell, tearing my pants. I was lucky I wasn't really hurt (except my pride) and the neighbors were not on their deck so no one saw me. I vowed to myself to be more careful. 

Well, yesterday I was at it again. My hands were full and instead of unlatching the fence, I stepped over it, the leg of my capri pants caught and I fell. Again, I was lucky and nothing was really hurt, except my pride, and the neighbors were not on their deck so no one saw me. But, a couple days later Dave looks down at my leg and sees the giant purple bruise and says, "When did you fall over the fence again?"

So now my vow to myself is to unlatch the fence and not step over it any more, even if my hands are full. I will simply put down what I am holding and unlatch it. I figure I am pushing my luck with no injuries from these falls. (I have a good friend who fell walking her new puppy, broke her wrist and had to get a plate put in it. I don't want to do that.)

Well, to sooth myself, I made one of my favorite dinners, meatloaf. I do it a little differently every time. This time I spread the meatloaf mixture out into a rectangle, spread some garlic herb soft cheese all over it and rolled it up. Then I topped it with bacon and baked it.  Meatloaf will always cure what ales you.


Rolled Bacon Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup ground pork rinds
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion salt
2 oz. (about 1/2 container) garlic-herb goat cheese, softened
6-8 strips bacon

Mix beef, egg, ground pork rinds,salt and pepper, garlic and onion salt.  Spread into rectangle (about 9x12), being careful not to press the meat too much.  Spread cheese over the top, leaving about 1/2 inch edge free of cheese so press roll closed.  Starting on the long end, roll the meat into a gentle-but-tight roll.  Pinch edges closed so cheese doesn't leak out during baking.  Lay bacon strips, side by side, on a cutting board.  Carefully move meatloaf onto bacon and wrap bacon around the loaf.  Transfer to a loaf pan, seam side down, and bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cut along edge of each slice of bacon.

June 18, 2020  Sunset 12:46 am  Sunrise 2:58 am  Temp. H 73/ L 55°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.