Monday, June 8, 2020

Raspberry & White Chocolate Cookies and Laundry Problems


We have laundry problems...as in I did laundry and that is a problem.
I don't do the laundry, that is Dave's job.  When we were first married I did the laundry for about 5 minutes and I accidentally dyed one of his good work shirts pink and I never had to got to do laundry again.  Well, my office is right next to the employee laundry room and Dave has been putting a lot of time in on the truck - and he had to work Saturday so Monday morning there were piles of laundry in the laundry room and I did the laundry as I answered emails and went about my work. 

Now, keep in mind there are only two of us, but we had about 7 loads of laundry!  He sorts by color, weight, and type of clothes.  When I do laundry I just throw it all in until the machine is full and I call it good.  But today I stuck to his piles and washed them according to his sorting.  Of course, folding is another matter we don't agree with.  I fold items he wants hung and I don't fold correctly.  I figure if I'm doing the laundry you should be happy with however I choose to fold. 

And while getting stuck with the laundry is a problem with working at home, the short commute time is a real perk.  I am getting so much done in the mornings!  I thought I would have to do some of the Stone Soup Cookie baking at lunch or after work, but I am getting everything done in the morning before 8:00. Last week I sent raspberry & white chocolate cookies and a pan of soft sugar cookie bars with cream cheese frosting (recipe to come later).  These cookies look as good as they taste.  They would be a great addition to a 4th of July picnic with some dried blueberries!  Oooohh, I think I'll try that next week.

Raspberry, White Chocolate Cookies

 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
raspberry jam, about 6 tbsp.
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt together, set aside.

In large mixing bowl, or stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes.  Add egg and egg yolk, vanilla and almond extract.  Mix until well incorporated.  Turn mixer to low and spoon flour mixture into bowl, mix until just incorporated.  Add white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chips, mix in by hand.

Divide cookie dough into fourths (I smoothed it all together in a ball in the bowl and cut it into 4ths).  Transfer 1/4 of the cookie dough into a separate small bowl, add about 1 1/2 Tbps. raspberry jam and cut it into the cookie dough, do not mix too much you want swirls of jam not pink dough.





Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheets, I use a  #40 scooper.  Flatten top slightly, these cookies don't spread much. Repeat with each 1/4 of the cookie dough until all dough is used.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are set but center is slightly soft. Cool on sheet pans for 5 minutes then move to cooling racks.

Makes 2 doz.

2 years ago:   Camping in the White Mountains
7 years ago:   Grilled Shrimp Salad with Berries
9 years ago:   Beef Fillet with Red Pepper Coulis and Avocado Butter

June 8, 2020  Sunset 12:24 am  Sunrise 3:12 am  Temp. H 73/ L 51°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.