Friday, April 25, 2014

Cheater Lemon Cream Bars



I took my stitches out.  I used my embroidery scissors and a pair of tweezers and with a snip and a pull they came out!  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the very strong vodka/cranberry my husband made me, or the fact that I didn't want to face the dr. (that supervised the practicing Dr.) again.

As you all know, I am so into self rewards.  So I made lemon squares for myself.  These are a sweet version of lemon bars, and use a few helpers; boxed cake mix and lemon jello.  The cream cheese adds a silky tartness to the taste and texture.  They are so worth buying the cake mix...and taking your own stitches out.



Lemon Cream Bars
Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Grilling

   For Cake Layer:
1 box lemon cake mix
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 egg

For Lemon Cream Layer:
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 box Lemon gelatin
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Spray 13 X 9 Inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, line with parchment, spray again.

In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, butter and egg.  Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined.  Press cake mixture evenly into prepared pan.  Set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon gelatin on medium speed until creamy.  Add eggs; beat until smooth.  Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake layer.

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bars just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.  Cool completely.  Remove bars from pan with parchment and cut into squares.

1 year ago:   Chocolate Cocoa Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
2 years ago:  Drink of the Week/ Spring Break Up

April 25, 2014   Daylight 16 hrs. 22 min. 17 sec.   Temp H 54/ L 31°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.