Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Praline Topping


It is time for all things pumpkin and pumpkin spice.  I have embraced the pumpkin spice season and have made some pretty delicious stuff, if I do say so myself.  The pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls were a hit and so I decided to make a pumpkin spice cheesecake with praline topping for a friend.  Everything went well, cheesecakes are really very simple.  I made the crust, mixed the batter, put it in a pan of hot water and slid it into the oven.

It baked and I took it out of the oven at the perfect time.  I slightly tipped the pan to make sure there was no water trapped in the aluminum foil bib around the bottom, and it slipped out of my hands and crashed to the counter.  Not a pretty sight.  I screeched, the kids came running and all they could say was "again?"
Mason said, "At least is didn't land upside down on the oven like last time."
My family is so helpful.

Well, I smooshed it back as much as I could, and made the topping.  The praline topping covered a lot of the mess.  I took it to work and shared it with coworkers instead of giving it to my friend.  It was delicious and I think it will make a showing at our Thanksgiving.  Let's just hope I don't drop it again.


Pumpkin Cheesecake with Praline Topping
Taste of Home, Nov 2016

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Filling:
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup real maple syrup
3 large eggs, room temp
1 (15 oz ) can solid-pack pure pumpkin
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Preheat oven to 325˚F. Wrap double thickness of heavy-duty foil around outside of a greased 9 in. springform pan. Mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.

Beat the cream cheese, sugars and maple syrup until smooth.  Add eggs; beat on low until blended.  Whisk in the pumpkin, cornstarch, vanilla and pumpkins pie spice; pour over the crust.  Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 inch hot water to larger pan.

Bake until center is just set and the top appears dull, 70-80 minutes.  Remove springform pan from water bath.  Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil.  Cool for 1 hour longer.  Refrigerate overnight, covering when cheesecake is completely cooled.

For topping, combine whipping cream and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes.  Stir int he toasted pecans. Refrigerate until well chilled.

Remove rim from pan. Stir the topping and spoon over chilled cheesecake.

1 year ago:    Fruit Cake Martini and Early Christmas Shopping
2 years ago:  Citrus Cranberry Fizz and the Weekend off
3 years ago:  Autumn Fruit Tart and The Year of Gratitude
4 years ago:  Gingered Pear and Brandy Drink and the Horseshoe Champion

October 26, 2016  Sunrise 9:21 am  Sunset 5:47 pm  Temp. H 32/ L 21°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.