Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Another Reason to Celebrate


It was Saturday afternoon and I was baking.  I got a text from the Baby Boy:

I think my "Are you kidding me" comment was taken wrong, and reading it back it does sound like I was mad, but I really wasn't (read it with an uncertain if your trying to pull a joke, not an angry voice), I just wasn't sure that this wasn't a joke and this kid would joke like that, and who would text their mom to tell them they got married.
It did take them a while to answer me.

The kids called on Monday evening and told me about their wedding adventure.  Turns out they texted because they were on the strip and it was really loud so they couldn't call (they wouldn't have reached me if they called anyway, I forgot my phone at work for the weekend and just never went to pick it up).

I am so excited I have a new DIL, in reality she has been like a DIL for a long time, they have been dating for 9 years now.  So I don't have any Chicks right now (there is still hope for the hippy boy...).

I'm home celebrating this wonderful event all week.  I'm celebrating alone, the boys are all in moose camp, but that is o.k. because I get to celebrate again with them once they come back to town.  And I am celebrating with dressed up champagne because weddings are something special, even when they elope.

Luxardo Champagne
1/2 oz. Luxardo liqueur
4 oz. champagne

Pour Luxardo into glass, top with champagne.  Celebrate the fact that some poor girl is now totally responsible for your baby boy.


September 24, 2019  Sunrise 7:39 am  Sunset 7:44 pm  Temp H 47/ L 30


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.