Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Sugar Free Sprinkles



Sprinkles are something I've done without for the last 2 years or so. It's been ok, I'm not much of a sprinkle kind of gal and they are just a lot of sugar. If I'm going to eat sugar, it won't be for sprinkles.  But, I was wanting to do some keto desserts and dress them up just a little, so I decided to make some sprinkles.  

I can't believe I waited so long to make these.  They are quick, easy, and I had all items needed in my pantry.  With as easy as they are, I don't know why I didn't make them when I ate regular sprinkles!

Well, I have about a year's supply now.  Let the decorating begin!
Mix in food color of choice.

Pipe in long lines on waxed paper.

Don't worry if your lines are not perfect, you won't be able to
tell once you cut them up.

Dry overnight.

Store is containers on a shelf or in the pantry, don't store in the
refrigerator.




Sugar Free Sprinkles

1 Tbsp. meringue powder
2 Tbsp. water, plus more if needed
1 cup confectioners sweetener, like Swerve
food colors of choice

Mix meringue powder and water until well combined. Add sweetener, mix and add water, if necessary, until desired consistency is obtained (I like a buttercream type consistency).

Divide mixture into small bowls, one for each color desired.  Mix color into sprinkle mixture until no streaks remain.  Place in piping bags, or small baggies (cut a tiny tip off the end).  Pipe onto waxed paper.

Let dry 30-60 minutes, cut into small pieces and let dry overnight.  Store dry, I put mine in small containers in the cookie decorating cabinet.

1 year ago:    Blueberry Fool and Missing Breakfast
5 years ago:  Pizza Stromboli for the Blond Boy
7 years ago:  Banana Crunch Muffins and My Love of Schedules

September 11, 2019   Sunrise 6:57 am  Sunset 8:35pm  Temp H63/ L 45°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.