Monday, September 9, 2019

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

I love asparagus and I love bacon.  So putting them together was a no brainer!  I made this a couple of times before I figured out a good system.  The first time I just wrapped the bacon around the asparagus and when Dave tried to turn the asparagus and bacon, the bacon just fell off. So using a toothpick keeps it all together.


Right now we are trying to grill as often as possible.  The weather has been really nice and I know our nice weather is going to come to an abrupt end.  The last time I stopped by Creamer's Field the birds were all gone, the leaves are all yellow and falling, and it finally frosted enough to kill my zucchini.
So, in the meantime, we will grill as often as possible, and have bacon wrapped asparagus a couple times a week!
Dave, trying to avoid getting his picture taken.

Attack with the tongs because I keep taking his picture!

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

1 bunch of asparagus, mine was 12 spears
6 sliced of bacon, sliced down the length, one piece for each spear of asparagus
24 toothpicks

Place bacon in microwave, on paper towels, and cook for 3-4 minutes.  Wrap one (half) slice of bacon around each asparagus spear. Secure with toothpicks.  Grill over medium high heat until bacon is cooked.  Remove toothpicks, if used, and serve.


1 year ago:   Monday Mugcake, Chocolate Keto Cake
3 years ago:  Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls and the Travel Guy
5 years ago:  Colonial Bread

September 9, 2019  Sunrise 6:54am  Sunset 8:39pm   Temp. H 67/ L 46˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.