Monday, October 7, 2019

Pumpkin Spice Egg Loaf


I think pumpkin spice made an early entrance this year.  I started hearing about it in August, that is too early in my opinion.  Also, this pumpkin spice EVERYTHING really needs to stop.  I get the pumpkin spice in cookies, coffee, oatmeal, french toast, cake...but spam?  Really?  I think pumpkin spice should be allowed only October through December and not in weird stuff like spam and potato chips.

Well, egg loaf is a keto breakfast staple for me. It is like french toast in flavor and texture. I like that I can make it once and have breakfast for the week.  I can flavor it with lots of different things like Lily's chocolate chips, blackberries, strawberries, cinnamon, and this week in honor of October, pumpkin spice.  So, I'll enjoy this for the week and I feel like fall is officially here...in October...when it is really fall (none of that August-is-the-start-of-Fall stuff for me).

Pumpkin Spice Egg Loaf

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 Tbsp. butter, softened
8 eggs
6 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. caramel stevia, or sweetener of choice

Preheat oven to 350°F
Grease a bread loaf pan, line with parchment, leaving overhang on sides for easy removal, and set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add eggs and mix well.  Add coconut flour, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, salt and stevia, mix until well incorporated.  Let sit about 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid, mix again and pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set.  Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.  Lift from pan with parchment.  Cut into 12 slices, 2 slices per serving.

Serve with sugar free syrup, whipped cream or sugar free chocolate chips.

1 year ago:    Barking Dogs and Broccoli Cheese Crockpot Soup
3 years ago:   Yard Work and Quick Jambalaya
5 years ago:   Dark Chocolate Cake with Whipped Ganache and Raspberries

October 7, 2019  Sunrise 8:18 am  Sunset 6:57 pm  Temp H 48/L 36°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.