Friday, February 24, 2012

Maple Bourbon Sour

I am a little schizophrenic when it comes to the cooking magazines I read.  I really want to eat in a more healthy way, and I want my husband to be around for a long time so I want him to eat healthily too.  So I subscribe to Cooking Light, Clean Eating, and Taste of Home's Healthy Eating.  I love to read about different foods, places, and techniques so I subscribe to Cook's Illustrated and Cuisine at Home and I love the photography in Bon Appetite.  I read a lot of magazines!

Well, I've made a February resolution (it is too late for a New Year's Resolution or a Birthday Resolution, so why not?), I am going to cook 5 recipes from Cooking Light and 5 recipes from Clean Eating each month.  Why the resolution?  I said I read a lot of magazines, I didn't say I cooked from them.  I want a healthier dinner plate in front of myself and my husband and maybe a few healthier treats too.
I have a plan, before I make my menu for the next two weeks, I'll read Cooking Light and Clean Eating with small stickies, I'll place a stickie on the pages of the recipes that I will cook so when I'm writing the menu I'll already have an idea of recipes that look good.  We will eat healthier, live longer and be happy forever after!  That is the plan.
So, I present the first recipe I put a stickie on from March's Cooking Light:  The Maple Bourbon Sour.  March is maple season after all, and I am all about using seasonal ingredients.  I'll get to the other healthier recipes next week.

Maple Bourbon Sour
Cooking Light, March 2012
6 Tbsp. bourbon
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. maple syrup

Place ingredients in shaker with ice, shake until cold, strain into glasses with ice.  Drink and feel healthy.  Serves 2 (or one if you drink like me)

February 24, 2012     Daylight  9 hours,  28 minutes,  26 seconds     Current Temp. 9 ºF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.