Monday, July 29, 2013

Blueberry picking

Our berry bounty, we had 6 pickers and about 2 hours.  The round tubs on the left are gallon tubs.

We went blueberry picking over the weekend.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day.  We met some friends, went for a 4-wheeler ride, and then picked blueberries, I came home with a gallon. So the end of the story is a success, but the beginning is a major fail on my part.

First, I knew we had to leave at 9:00 to meet our friends at 10:00.  I had it all planned, lunches made, only had to change my shoes once and was in the car at 8:49!  Dave had been very grumpy all morning so I proudly announced, "See, I'm 10 minutes early."

"Early?  You are 20 minutes late.  You knew we needed to leave at 8:30, you saw the text from Kathy."

I had kind of seen the text, I saw it was about the trip and I just handed my phone to Dave.  I didn't know we had to leave at 8:30. And, we had to stop to gas up.  FAIL

Also, I went to use my camera two days before and the battery was dead.  I couldn't find the charger right away, so I figured I would find it later.  At 8:45 the morning of the trip was when I looked for it.  Couldn't find it, so no camera for the trip.  FAIL #2
My perfect picking spot.

But, we made it in plenty of time, were not even the last ones to arrive and get unloaded.  Kathy had a camera (although my plan was to have pictures of everyone else, not me), it was a very fun day with friends and I got berries.
A little wind-blown on top of the hill.
I cleaned my berries and got them in the freezer.  I hope we go again for blueberries, and in September for cranberries.  Now to start planning how to use them.

July 29, 2013   SRise 4:42 am  SSet 11:10 pm (-6min. 56 sec.)  Temp. H 79/L 55°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.