Monday, December 9, 2013

Cherry/Peach Fizz and Bathroom Troubles


The Christmas season is in full force in our house.  Christmas cookies, Christmas carols, and Christmas parties are in full force for the next three weeks.  I have started planning the food for our annual Christmas Eve Open House, stop by Dec. 24 from 8:30-11:00 pm, if you are in town.  It is always fun to catch up with friends we don't get to see often enough.

Dave's Christmas party was last Friday.  It was at a local restaurant that is pretty casual, but Dave insisted we dress up...we walked in and I was the ONLY one in a dress, let alone an evening type dress, everyone else was in jeans...so I was feeling a little uncomfortable.  Dave works with a fun, rowdy crowd and they were all having a good time.  The restaurant was pretty quiet, except for us (a very good thing because we were anything but quite).  The big group was playing a game and I was watching from my corner.  I decided that was a good time to run to the ladies room.  I quickly walked all the way through the restaurant, feeling very self-conscious in my long dress, and ducked into the restroom.  Walked into the first stall and thought "That's weird, the seat is usually not up in the ladies room." Closed the door, took care of my business, washed my hands and walked out...and saw the Ladies room sign to the left as I walked out of the MEN'S room.  Yep, I used the men's bathroom.  There were no urinals on the wall to give it away, and luckily no one else walked in while I was there so, no harm - no foul.  In my defense, I was not drinking (in case that was what you were thinking), I was the DD that night (it was Dave's party after all), the signs were a little confusing, and I was just trying to hurry because I was so overdressed.

The good news is we did leave the party with a few prizes, my favorite a nice bottle of Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka.  So of course drink of the week HAS to come early, and it would be a type of vodka drink!  Now, since I am not driving, and I have my own bathroom at home, I can have two.

Merry Christmas!

Cherry/Peach Fizz

1.5 oz. Grey Goose Cherry Noir vodka
.5 oz Grand Mariner
3 oz. peach nectar
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
seltzer


In a shaker full of ice add vodka, Grand Mariner, peach nectar and lemon juice.  Shake until very cold, strain into a pretty glass it is the holidays after all.  Top with a splash of seltzer.
Enjoy

One year ago:   Fruitcake
Two years ago: Meatball Subs
December 9, 2013   Daylight 4 hrs. 3 min. 50 sec.   Temp. H 20/ L 15 °F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.