Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting


So my workout buddy had decided to cut back a little.  She goes to two bootcamp sessions and has decided to cut back to one.  The problem is she is continuing the early session, I attend the later session.  I get up at 5:00, brush my teeth, fill my water bottle and show up to the second half of the early session.  I join in but know that my full session really starts at 5:45.  Now Michelle wants me to show up for the 5:00, I just don't know that I can do that.

I told her I would try, so last night I set my alarm clock for 4:45am.  I went to bed nice and early, had my work out clothes set out and did the little "You can do this, it is only 15 minutes earlier than normal," pep talk.  I fell asleep...my alarm went off...it said 4:45.  Holy crap it seemed so much earlier!  I figured I might be messing with my sleep cycle or something, those 15 minutes were important.  I stumbled into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth.  "Wow, it must be a cloudy day, it should be bright daylight outside and it seems kinda' dark."  I look at the bathroom clock, "I just changed the batteries in that clock and they are not working again!  I wonder if it is time to replace it, this clock says 1:15."  I stumble into the bedroom to get dressed and look at Dave's clock.  It says 1:15!  Crap, I must have messed up my clock when I was resetting the alarm.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my alarm clock is from when I was in high school, so over 30 years old!  I'm just very thankful Dave was camping and I didn't wake him up...also, if Dave was home I would have gotten dressed in the bathroom and just walked out the door!  I would have been so mad showing up to bootcamp and not having anyone else there!

Well, I went back to bed and slept until 5:00.  I woke up with a start (my alarm did not go off) and brushed my teeth (again), got dressed, checked the clocks in the kitchen (just to be sure), and headed off to exercise.  I'll try to make the early session again on Wednesday.

In the meantime, I'm filling up on good fats (peanuts) and antioxidants (dark chocolate).  These brownie bites are the perfect combination of both.  Add to that some calcium (cream cheese) and you have nothing but health food here.  Today, I'm eating extra, I need all the help I can get.

Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Brownies
I use the "One bowl Brownie" recipe on the box of Baker's Chocolate

1
pkg.  (4 oz.) BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate
3/4
cup  butter or margarine
2
cups  sugar
3
 eggs
1
tsp.  vanilla
1
cup  flour

HEAT oven to 350°F.

LINE mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Scoop into cups with two teaspoons or a small disher.
BAKE 15 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 - 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2  cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I don't know why, but natural doesn't work as well for this, use a brand)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift powdered sugar into a mixer bowl.  Add cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla.  Mix until well combined and creamy.
Spoon a small amount of frosting onto each brownie bite, or pipe on with a decorator tip.

Makes 60 brownie bites.

2 years ago: 

June 25, 2014   Sunrise 3:01 am  Sunset 12:46 am  Temp. H 66/ L 50°F





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.