Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Grilled Chicken with Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Cream


We spent the weekend in Anchorage with my sister in law and her husband.  The blond boy and the DIL came up for a wedding,the hippy boy came up from Fairbanks, and one niece lives in Anchorage so we had some very fun family time.

On Friday afternoon we flew to Anchorage, Dave and I were waiting at the airport for our ride and we were sitting on a concrete bench that circled the water fountain.  It was about 3 feet high.  Dave mentioned that he didn't know if he could jump up on that and I said, "I can, we do box jumps at boot camp that high all the time."  Famous last words!  I jump up, turn around and begin to jump...

About half way through the jump I think...I have sandals on, not tennies, my jeans are just a little too tight, I don't think I am going to make it...ABORT MISSION, ABORT MISSION!  And I landed right on my shins.  OUCH.
Here it is right after I did it.  Notice the lovely goose egg forming on the left?

This is today.  It is shiny because I have anitbiotic cream on it.

Dave was not sympathetic at all.  He kept laughing and asking me what possessed me to do something so stupid? (His exact words)  Now he says I can't wear a dress until the shins heal.  I wore a dress today anyway.  I didn't get any sympathy, I did drink a lot of champagne that night!


Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream
adapted from Skinny Meals, Bob Harper

4 small-medium zucchini
4 grilled Chicken Breasts, sliced (We just grill with salt free seasoning for this)

Avocado Sauce
1 avocado
1/2 cup fresh basil
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
4 tsp. grated parmesan cheese (optional)

Slice the zucchini very thinly lengthwise.  I used my mandoline, be careful you don't want stitches!  Then cut the strips into halves or thirds, depending on the size of the "noodle" you want.

Blend the avocado, basil, broth, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor.  Pour into a sauté pan to heat.  Once warm, add zucchini noodles to heat through.  Serve with grilled chicken and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 servings

1 year ago:   Grilled Shrimp Salad with Berries and Losing my Husband
2 years ago:  Cheater French Onion Soup on the Grill

June 11, 2014   Sunrise: 3:07 am  Set 12:36 am    Temp. H 60/L 40°

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.