Friday, October 24, 2014

Getting Wood Delivered


Note:  I wrote this a couple of weeks ago and kept drinking the drink before I took a picture.  So in the meantime, we got 5 more cords of wood delivered that Dave has cut, split, and stacked...so please feel sorry for me for the one afternoon I stacked wood, compared to the week he has been working on wood (that's what she said).

Our regular wood guy is no where to be heard from, and since I am asking, on an almost hourly rate, when we are getting some wood.  My dear husband did a little research and found us another supplier.  He is having three cords delivered from one guy and 5 cords delivered from another.  The first guy delivers dry, split wood.  The second guy delivers lengths of wood, that Dave will need to cut up and split himself.

Our first order of 3 cords was delivered on Saturday morning.  Dave left town on Friday night...so, who gets to stack the wood you ask?  Yes, the baby boy and I do.  I'm so beyond pleased.  Dave left town to go to a potlatch for some family friends who had a family member pass away.  Dave and the hippy boy went to help out with the cooking, I stayed home to stack wood.  I don't think I got the better end of this deal.
The Bboy loaded the wood into a wheelbarrow and brought it to us to stack.

We had the first 8 foot row done and the second one started.
The Chick was full of "That's what she said" comments.


So, because I spent so much time stacking wood, and my muscles are so sore, I needed something to help me relax.  And, because it is fall and the time of all things apple and pumpkin, I made several of these drinks.  I had to have more than one, apple juice is good for you and pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber and beta-carotene.  Enjoy, it's like a healthy smoothie!


Apple Pumpkintini

2 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
3 oz. apple cider, plus extra for rim of glass
2 oz. vanilla vodka
1 oz. ginger ale
cinnamon sugar for the rim, optional

To wet rim of glass, dampen a folded paper towel with apple cider, dip rim on paper towel then in cinnamon sugar mixture.

Add ice to drink shaker, add pumpkin, apple cider, vanilla vodka, and ginger ale.  Shake until very cold, strain into prepared glass.  Enjoy.

Just so everyone knows, we stacked wood and then Dave came home and finished the job.  He did the lion's share of it too.

1 year ago:   Warm Brussels Sprouts Slaw and the Baby Moving Home
2 years ago:   Tomatilla-Posole and Shrink Wrapping the House

October 24, 2014  Sunrise 9:13 am  Sunset 5:56 pm  Temp. H 27/ L 16°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.