Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pumpkin Martini and Signing on the Magnetic Strip

Picture provided by The Drink King

It was Monday night, I've just paid the bills (after work, June duty, making dinner, and getting my a--handed to me in cards) and I open an envelope for my new credit card, the old one expires this month.  I call the number on the sticker, remove the sticker and as I am mindlessly going through the authorization process, I sign the back...ON THE MAGNETIC STRIP!

Crap, I'm leaving on Friday afternoon for a week of travel for work, I am going to need my credit card for little things like a hotel room, a rental car, dinner...you know the extra stuff. Dave has already done the deed with the scissors on the old card, so I called right back and the very kind lady in customer service is overnighting a card to me, which means it is supposed to get here by Thursday.  There is no real overnight to Fairbanks.  I am hopeful the card arrives before Friday at least.

So after all that drama, I needed a drink.  The drink of the week is early this week, especially since I will be leaving on Friday afternoon.  Here it is, it is good for what ails you, and you can have two if you sign on the magnetic line!

Pumpkin Martini
from the Drink King

1.5 oz. vodka
1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. pumpkin cream liquor
pumpkin pie spice for garnish, or cinnamon in a pinch

Shake vodka, Kahlua, and pumpkin cream liquor in a shaker with lots of ice.  Strain into glass, top with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.  Enjoy

1 year ago:   Cranberry Liquor, Fear of the Dentist, and Poop Duty
2 years ago:  Cowboy Cookie Love

October 29, 2014   Sunrise 9:29 am, Sunset 5:39 pm  Temp. H 19/ L 10°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.