Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fruit Cake Martini and Early Christmas Shopping


This little hip issue I have will not go away.  We have done all we can do and have two options left: 1) live with pain or 2) get a new hip.  I really think we should have a third option: 3) get an awesome robot body.  I would choose one that worked like Data (on Star Trek the Next Generation (and if you don't know who Data is, I just don't want to know you)) and looked like 7 of 9 (again STNG).

So I chose option #2 since #3 isn't available at this time and #1 is about to kill me (and you need to feel very sorry for my husband).  Option #2 will take place in November, after I finish my fall travel for work.  I just have Pennsylvania, Oregon, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas left.  But after that, I'll have #2 and then be out of commission for about 6 weeks, which means I need to get my Christmas shopping done now!

So, I am trying to get Christmas done, get boxes in the mail, and feel oh so merry...

To help get me in the mood, I turn the Christmas CDs on, make myself this drink, and sing along as I wrap presents.  I am still going to ask Santa for that robot body, maybe I'll get lucky.


Fruit Cake Martini

2 oz. cake flavored vodka
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. pineapple juice
sparkling cranberry juice
maraschino cherry for garnish

In shaker full of ice, add vodka, orange juice and pineapple juice.  Shake until very cold.  Strain into cocktail glass, top with sparkling cranberry juice, garnish with maraschino cherry.

1 year ago:     Citrus Cranberry Fizz and TGIF
2 years ago:   Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms and Peas and the Halloween Surprise
3 years ago:   Baked Nutella Doughnuts and less than 10 hours of Daylight

October 15, 2015   Sunrise 8:43 am  Sunset 6:29 pm   Temp. H 39/ L 30°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.