Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Pumpkin Bread Trifle


My friend Suzanne over at Front Range Fork and Cork, posted about some pumpkin bread she made for her new neighbors and the Pumpkin Trifle she made with some extra loaves of pumpkin bread.  I read her post and wished she was still my backdoor neighbor so she could share some of that delicious looking trifle with me.

Well, I can't talk her into moving back to Alaska, so I'll have to make my own.  If you are a sugar enjoyer go to her blog and use her recipe.  I've linked it above.  If you don't enjoy sugar I've made a sugar free, grain free version of her trifle.  I'll eat it and think fondly of her.

Pumpkin Trifle

for the pumpkin bread*
1 cup smooth almond butter
1 tsp. baking powder
1.5 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup confectioner's Swerve
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350° Spray or grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper with two sides hanging over the edge for easy loaf removal.

In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer to mix all ingredients until well incorporated.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs.

Let cool completely, don't worry if the center sinks a little.  Cut into slices and serve.

*I used two slices of pumpkin bread per trifle.


for the whipped cream layer
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. confectioner's Swerve

Sugar Free Caramel Sauce, I used ChocZero
chopped pecans

In a small bowl, whip heavy cream and confectioners Swerve until firm soft peaks form.
Cut four slices of pumpkin bread into about 1" cubes.
Using two dessert dishes layer a dollop of whipped cream, a layer of pumpkin bread, a swirl of caramel and a sprinkle of pecans. Repeat layers two more times.  Serve and think of friends far away.


1 year ago:   Comfort Food - Biscuits and Gravy
3 years ago:  Ganache filled Cupcakes and Complaints from Family
5 years ago:  Hasselback Potatoes and a Mouse in the House
7 years ago:  New Wood Stove

November 27, 2018   Sunrise 10:07 am  Sunset 3:09 pm   Temp. H 19/ L 15°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.