Monday, November 19, 2018

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Martini


I have so much to be thankful for. If you think about it, we all have something to be thankful for. A few things on my list this year include; my husband, my parents, my kids, my grandchild, extended family, coffee, chocolate, my pets (yes, pets come after chocolate and coffee because I need the chocolate and coffee to deal with them), food, my work, adult beverages...you see, the list just goes on.

One thing I am really thankful for is modern technology.  I get to Facetime with Gman and his people a couple times a week, I get daily pictures of that little guy, and text messages from all my kids.  I don't know how my mom dealt with not hearing from me weekly when I moved from Kansas to Alaska (I might not have been the best about calling home).

Well, on Sunday, my Cali DIL texted me this:
How cool that she asked!  I went home and sent her the recipe then went to make it myself and realized I didn't have vanilla vodka the recipe called for, so I made mine with chocolate whipped cream flavored vodka and decided it was a keeper!  When I run out of the chocolate whipped cream vodka I'll go buy some  vanilla vodka, make more of this drink and let you know how it is...all in the name of thoughtful, selfless blogging, I'll suffer through those drinks for you.

So, Cali DIL, this is a little different than what I sent you, if you haven't got your ingredients yet, get the chocolate whipped cream vodka for the win!

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Martini

1 Tbsp.Brown Sugar Substitute
 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice* to rim glasses

2 oz. chocolate whipped cream vodka
1.5 oz. spiced rum
2 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. confectioners Swerve
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice*

Mix the brown sugar substitute and pumpkin pie spice together on a small plate.  Lightly wet the edge of a martini glass and dip in sugar/spice mixture.

In shaker full of ice, add the other ingredients, shake until very cold.  Carefully pour into two glasses.  Top with a little sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

*if you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own with 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg.

1 year ago:    Missing Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
3 years ago:  Meeting My New Great Niece
5 years ago:  Kentucky Kiss and the Sprained Ankle
7 years ago:  Roasted Tomatoes

November 19, 2019   Sunrise 9:40 am  sunset 3:31pm   Temp. H 21/ L 15°F

Gman is packed and ready to come to
Grandma's house for Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.